Mister Pterodactyl
Monday, September 17, 2007
 
The problem with universal health insurance
"Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York announced her second attempt today at achieving universal [health care] coverage..."

You know the problem with universal health care? I just don't see why my tax money should be going to some amorphous blob-person on Omicron Persei 8 (or wherever) every time it gets the Rigellian flu. I mean, I'm sure the OP 8-ians are perfectly nice people and all, okay maybe they're not 'people' per se, the thing is why should I be paying for them? I've got my own problems, and at least I don't live in a helium/ammonia atmosphere. That can't be good for you.
But I digress. The point is that universal coverage may sound great on paper, but in reality you're looking at an endless government boondoggle that's only going to get bigger. I'm not trying to pick on Omicron Persei 8 here either. Seriously, who knows how many are out there?
And we're going to cover them all? Is that what Hillary really wants? Is it what you want?
Comments:
Look, if we don't give them health care where they are, they'll just wade across the...um...well they'll just hire a coyote to bring them here illegally and then we'll pay for it anyway.
 
Steve: one, you forgot "scruffy-lookin'". Two, I can't believe that never occurred to me. It's worse than I thought!

Lance: isn't that what Tommy Lee Jones is for?
 
Well written article.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger