Mister Pterodactyl
Monday, May 21, 2007
 
Stop me if you've heard this one
A college freshman, on his first day of class, is bewildered by the large campus. Lost, he stops someone on the street: “excuse me, can you tell me where Meadows Hall is at?” The man replies, “you realize its bad grammar to end a sentence with a preposition.” The freshman says “okay, can you tell me where Meadows Hall is at, asshole?”

It has come to my attention that a large percentage of the people I interact with regularly (these days) have never heard this joke, despite its being one of the oldest in existence. Seriously. Way back when language was still being formed someone invented the preposition, then someone decided that a preposition shouldn’t go at the end of a sentence, and then someone else came up with that joke. That’s how old it is. Come on, people. I mean, how about this:

A guy with a broken arm is at the hospital being treated. He asks the doctor, “Doc, will I be able to play the violin?” The doctor assures him he’ll be able to play the violin and the guy says…

A blind man with a seeing-eye dog goes into a department store. When he reaches the center of the store he lifts the dog and begins swinging it over his head in a wide circle. A manager asks him what he’s doing and he says…

A man walks into a doctor’s office with a duck on his head. The doctor says “what can I do for you today?”…


Three self-selecting yet randomly chosen ethnic stereotypes walk into an easily accessible public business...

These are some severely joke-deprived people. Just another example of how our public school system is failing us, if you ask me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger